Single-player and LAN gameplay modes do not require a Runic Account; however, you will need to create one in order to login to our lobby servers for Internet multiplayer.
To register your Runic Games account for Internet multiplayer, go to the Runic site and create an account if you don't already have one, or sign in if you do. Once you've signed in...
For Steam users
If you haven't yet linked your Steam account...
- Click Register Torchlight II for Internet Play.
- Under the heading, I have Torchlight II on Steam, click Link my Steam account.
If you've already linked your Steam account...
- Click View my products & keys.
- Click Check my Steam account for games.
If you purchased via Runic Games or Perfect World
- Click Register Torchlight II for Internet Play
- Under the heading, I have a Runic key, enter your key (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX), and click Register Torchlight II key
If you're having trouble
It is no longer necessary to add your game key to a Runic account in order to access the multiplayer lobby, though doing so may help you to recover your key should you ever need to do so.
Contact us if you're having any problems creating a Runic account, linking your Steam account, or registering your Torchlight II key.