Your Torchlight II version number reflects some useful information about your copy of the game.
As of this writing, the most recent Torchlight II patch is 1.25.x.y:
- The 3rd number, x, represents whether or not the user is on Steam. If it is 2, then the user is running a non-Steam build. If it is 5, then the user is on Steam.
- The 4th number, y, represents the user's platform. If it is 2, then the user is running a Windows, DRM-wrapped build -- probably purchased directly from Runic, or from Perfect World. If it is 3, then the user is running Mac OS X. If it is 4, then the user is on Linux. If it is 5, then it is the Windows DRM-free build, available through the Humble Indie Bundle 14.
The only portions of the version number which are significant to end users are the first two major and minor numbers (1.25). The vendor and platform segments (x.y) do not prevent users from seeing each other in the multiplayer lobby.
Just to make things a little bit simpler, here's a list of all the various Torchlight II builds you might encounter. All of them are essentially 1.25 and are compatible for multiplayer purposes:
- 18.104.22.168 (Windows, non-Steam, DRM-wrapped)
- 22.214.171.124 (Windows, Steam)
- 126.96.36.199 (Mac OS X, Steam)
- 188.8.131.52 (Linux, Steam)
- 184.108.40.206 (Mac OS X, non-Steam, DRM-free)
- 220.127.116.11 (Linux, non-Steam, DRM-free)
- 18.104.22.168 (Windows, non-Steam, DRM-free)
If you have further questions, please contact us for assistance.