What are the best practices for securing my account?
Accounts are the most safe when the following conditions are met:
- You do not share your account information, such as telling someone your account ID or password.
- You change your password frequently and use passwords unique only to your game account.
- You regularly scan your computer for viruses, trojans, malware, spyware, and rootkits to remove them.
- You do not use third-party programs, such as bots, as these often have malicious scripts which steal your login information.
- You do not attempt to purchase in-game currency, ZEN or items from third-party websites.
- Your account was created by you, and you were not given the account by its creator or purchased it (both of which are violations of our Terms of Service)
- Your account's registered email address also should be secure, with a complex password that you change frequently and does not match your Arc Games account password.
- You do not enter your account information into any other website other than Arc Games. Beware of websites that offer free "gold", say you are a winner, or can enter into a beta if you just enter your account information.
What should I do if my account has already been hacked?
If your account has been compromised you will want to take the following actions as soon as possible in order to safeguard all your hard work:
- Scan your computer with up-to-date antivirus software and remove viruses, trojans, malware, spyware, keyloggers, and rootkits.
- Secure your computer and email address by changing the necessary passwords. These two passwords should NOT be the same, and should match no other passwords for any websites or games.
- Regain access to your Arc account by changing your password.
- Contact our Customer Support team and explain what happened to the best of your ability. We will do our best to restore access to your account, and when possible, revert any damages. Please be as specific as possible.
- If you are unable to log into your account, please click the "Account Recovery" button on the left sidebar to submit an inquiry to our support team.
- If you are still able to log into your account, please do so and then use the "Contact Support" button on the left sidebar to reach out to our support team.