If you are experiencing network issues, here are some things you can check to see if they will help resolve your issue:
- Please restart your PC and network hardware. Start by powering off your computer, then work back to the router and modem. Wait a minute or so, then turn them back on in the reverse order they were turned off.
- You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If you have Windows Vista or later, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.
- You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.
- At your own risk, you may try to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes, overly aggressive security software will block installations no matter what you try, even if you've added exceptions for the game files to the security software.
- You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any of the following: torrent programs, third party keyboard/mouse software, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, instant messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
- Are you playing on a wireless connection? Our games require a stable connection (wired is best) in order to ensure optimal quality and connectivity, so if you are on a wireless or unstable connection that could explain the issue.
- If you are having trouble connecting from an office or college network, please note that these networks usually monitor the traffic into and out of their systems, and in some cases will block certain ports of communication as a protective measure. If you are having trouble connecting to any of our servers, you may need to contact your IT department and see if they are able to open the connection to our servers. For reference, you can find the port information for Cryptic Studios games here.
If you need further help, contact Technical Support with the following information:
- What exactly did you try already?
- What changes to your system did you make recently?
- What errors did you get? Can you provide a screenshot of the error itself?
- Can you run a trace to the server you are trying to reach?