Here are a few possible reasons for why the game may be crashing on your system.
- There is another program running at the same time which is incompatible with the game and is interrupting it.
- Programs such as TeamViewer, Display Fusion, and Mumble are known to cause problems.
- The game is using up too much of your system's resources (RAM and video memory).
- Please make sure you meet the system requirements.
- There is an issue with game files that may require you to verify the game files.
The most common resolutions to these issues are:
- Close all programs that aren't needed to run the game to free up as much RAM as possible when playing the game.
- Lower in-game graphical settings or try running the game in Safe Mode.
- To run in Safe Mode, go to Options in the game launcher, check the Safe Mode option, and click Save.
- Make sure your video card drivers are fully updated from the manufacturer's support site.
- You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If you use Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.
- You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click the game executable, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in..." and try different modes, such as XP SP2 Compatibility mode.
- Cryptic Titles: Verify your game files by going into Options in the game launcher, checking the Force-Verify box, click Save, then let the verification process complete.