Why Early Access?
Community is extremely important to Echtra Games and we believe Early Access is a unique opportunity to learn from our players what changes are the most important to them before proceeding to fully launch the game later this year.
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
While we do not have an exact date for launch, Early Access will last at least a few months while we refine the game further and add new features and endgame content.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
The full version will contain a complete Act 3, which will be released and tested by the community during Early Access. A new, not-yet-announced endgame experience will also be released during Early Access so that it can be thoroughly tested by the community before its inclusion into the full version. The full version will also contain the ability to play the game in Single Player mode, which will not require an internet connection.
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
Early Access will begin with 4 playable classes, 2 complete Acts, dozens of quests, a player-created custom Fort feature (complete with enchanting, resource refining, and storage), over 100 Legendary items, and a myriad of weapons, areas, and boss battles.
Early Access is only available in Multiplayer mode. Players will be able to play in groups of four and share certain public spaces in the game (like towns) with other players - up to 40 per instance.
During Early Access we will unlock additional content, including the entirety of Act 3, a new endgame experience, and other quality-of-life updates and feature improvements. There are some known bugs, but most reported issues do not prevent fully playing the game and will be part of where our focus lies in Early Access.
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
Players in Early Access will have the opportunity to purchase the retail copy of the game for less than those who purchase it on its launch day.
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
Our team at Echtra is dedicated to involving our community throughout Early Access and beyond. Community has already been critical during our Closed Beta process and we will continue to improve upon the activities we have currently established.
Our developer-community activities include:
- Regular review and updates to our feedback and bug reporting site here
- Development chat and playtesting sessions with Torchlight 3 / Echtra Game Designers in our Discord server
- Community Challenges to create in-game content like new Legendary affixes.
- Regular Friday Twitch streams that include development chats, interviews, and exclusive development footage.
- Regular activity in Steam, Discord, Reddit, and other areas where the Torchlight III community congregates.
- Consistent patch notes with each update and announcements for new features.
- Developer-community events like Reddit AMA’s, interviews, and Q&A’s.
- Releasing a Fan Kit for community created tools/sites/wikis.
- Keeping an updated public roadmap with information pertaining to development activities.
What is the ESRB of this game? How family friendly is this game?
The game is rated T. There are options to turn off voice chat and blood FX in the settings menu.
Will there be a progress wipe?
Yes. At the end of Early Access there will be a progress wipe so that we can continue to aggressively test new features and bug fixes. Players who purchase the Early Access version will retain their copy of the game - this will be an account/character progress wipe only.